Altitude Aerial Flying Yoga Teacher Training
Time & Location
About the Event
Payment plans available
15% off for a limited time
This training is a hybrid of both online and in-person training. For those wishing to attend from out of town, you must have access to an apparatus for the in-person trainings done via Zoom.
Training times and dates will vary based on participation and student availability.
The Altitude “Flying” Yoga Teacher Training Program (@FYTT) is intended to give experienced, non-professional aerial enthusiasts introductory knowledge necessary to plan and lead a safe, fun and inspiring aerial yoga class. It is intended for those brand new to teaching fitness, students wishing to deepen their understanding of aerial yoga, as well as those currently teaching aerial arts or grounded yoga. This training will provide a solid foundation that can be applied to any studio anywhere.
Because the practice of aerial yoga is a relatively new fitness practice, the @FYTT is a 4 module training program, specifically designed to provide resources and support to trainees, while developing and growing with this continuously evolving and changing fitness modality.
- Students must have 20 hours of aerial yoga experience as a student or instructor
- Background in traditional yoga/pilates/ barre (teaching or practice).
- Online CPR + First Aid certification (can be completed online after regaitration)
Module 1: Instructor Designation Workshop (20 hours)
Prerequisite: Consistent aerial or grounded yoga practice.
8 hours live + 12 hours self paced with homework
@FYTT begins with a 2 hour comprehensive onboarding virtual meeting, during which students will learn how to find assignments, submit homework, and complete tasks.
These tasks include reading assignments, practical homework & video submissions. Many of the initial assignments are completed before the in-person session to ensure understanding of the foundational aspects of aerial yoga to make best use of face-to-face time.
What you will learn:
- Intelligent curriculum building
- Use of class themes, including intentions, meditations & other techniques
- Pedagogy: instruction theories, personality types & communication
- Anatomy & physiology as it pertains to aerial yoga
- Sequencing, cueing and flow (LIVE)
- Posture benefits, modifications, progressions & regressions (LIVE)
- Spotting techniques & safe practices (LIVE)
- Rigging and safety (Live and online)
To complete Level 1 & receive your certificate of completion, students must pass a comprehensive written and practical exam throughout training, as well as submit a final project for review. For students just wishing to deepen their knowledge of their own practice, all exams and projects are optional but encouraged.
NOTE: Students that miss training hours, fail tests or turn in their project late will be required to pay additional, out-of-scope evaluation fees, in order to be considered for their intended designation.