Sun, Aug 08|
All Things Handspring
Feel confident training and safely executing your handspring and holding and transitioning through your Ayesha. Suitable for Level 2 and up.
Time & Location
Aug 08, 2021, 3:30 PM – 5:30 PM
Frisco, 8855 Preston Trace Blvd #300, Frisco, TX 75033, USA
About the Event
Date: Sunday August 8 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm (90 minutes)
Cost: $75 non-members | $65 members
Save $10 when you sign up before July 25, 2021
BONUS: Safe Spotting Tutorial directly after (see more info below)
- Want to learn what it takes to execute a Handspring to Ayesha?
- Want to feel more confident in your Ayesha?
- Want to train safely and effectively to execute any grip on both sides?
The word "Handspring" is often used interchangeably to describe the position known in the pole world as an "Ayesha". Handspring is the cartwheeling movement into the position "Ayesha", and can often be elusive and a little scary. It is one of the most requested benchmark movements to master for a pole fitness enthusiast. With myriad hand positions including elbow, cup, true, mixed (funky) and twisted grip, it often feels like a roadblock to progressing your practice. Furthermore, without proper training, it can lead to setbacks, frustration and even worse....injury.
It is VITAL to learn how to Handspring and Ayesha IN PERSON, with a qualified professional that has extensive knowledge in conditioning, drills, regressions, progressions, and injury prevention. This ensures you can safely and confidently execute this complex move and progress your practice without the risk of injuries or setbacks.
This masterclass is a MUST for:
- Students that can execute some aspects of Ayesha, but lack the confidence and control necessary to transition in and out of the position safely and confidently.
- Experienced but newer pole students that want to learn how to train for this complex move, including all the right conditioning exercises and prep work necessary to successfully execute this move and have a safe space to give it a try for the first time.
- Higher level pole students who struggle with one or more of the grips, have a "weak side", or lack confidence in one or more of the grips.
- Pole fitness instructors who want to learn how to spot and safely coach students to perform this complex movement. Great for getting fresh ideas for conditioning, progressions, regressions and injury prevention.
This is intended to be a 4 weeks course, beginning with instant access to Week 1 of the at home, pole-free exercises designed to prepare your body for the 90 minute in-person masterclass. Upon completing your registration, you will receive a new video each week leading up to the masterclass. The conditioning exercise videos, led by Krista, are intended to be done at home, without a pole, to strengthen and prepare your body for the Handspring/Ayesha movement.
On August 8, 2021 @ 3:30pm, 2021 US Pole Sport Senior Women's Silver Medalist, Krista Vizcarra, will teach you how to properly execute this movement with regressions, progressions, tips and tricks to help you safely train each grip.
Register now to start your journey to Handspring and Ayesha confidence. In less than 30 days, you will feel stronger, break through plateaus and mental blocks, and unlock new potential in your practice.
Register for free today and receive instant access to your first week of videos!
*Additional videos will be released weekly with your paid registration.
BONUS: Do you have a pole at home and wish your spouse/significant other/friend knew a few basic spotting techniques? Registration in the Handspring workshop includes a BONUS 30 minute Safe Spotting Tutorial directly after class. This is a MUST for ANYONE interested in keeping the pole enthusiast in their life safe and injury free. Invite your partner to join us at 5:00 pm for a hands on, 30 minute spotting tutorial. $30 value.
We will cover:
- Why we spot.
- How to spot handsprings and how to apply that to other moves.
- How to keep your SELF safe when spotting.
- Proper alignment visuals, warning signs and signs of posture failure.
- Rescue spotting, ghost spotting and more.
Disclaimer: This bonus is intended to be a public service and not intended to certify ANYONE to coach or spot anything officially. We just know people are going to do it, and we want you to have SOME information about what it takes to safely spot someone. Any skill being spotted by a non-professional coach should be something both parties feel some level of comfort executing and spotting, while at home. Never encourage a non-professional to spot you if you have not been successful completing that skill in a proper classroom setting. Always use a crash mat.